Monday 25 May 2009

Parlick again




Me and Mike Cav went to Parlick for the good forecast on Sunday of the May bank holiday weekend and where rewarded with a fantastic 5 hour wing tip too wingtip flight across the width of the UK over the dales with a dramatic low save from Malham,I could see climbers on the routes I had climbed 15 years ago then over to Kilnsey and out into the flatlands with the North york moors a glide or two away and on to Whitby,that is three times I have flown Parlick and it has given me fantastic flying everytime with 114-58-151 km flights hopefully I can get that elusive 200km from what is fast becoming my favored XC launch.

2 comments:

  1. Steve, found your blog almost by chance after I Googled "Paragliding Etherington". I hope you don't mind me snooping.

    Parlick to Whitby looks like a memorable trip (love the Whitby photo) but why are you still persevering with those bumpy thermals! Get yourself a motor and that 200km flight will be yours tomorrow and almost any day you fancy!

    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will stick with the lumpy things for a while as I am just starting to get the hang of it now.
    hope you and yours are well.
    all the best Steve.e

    ReplyDelete