Monday 20 July 2009

piedrahita

Sorry about the lack of post,I am not at work and could not access my account.
old news
Piedrahita was Ok its not my favorite venue but I was 19th overall and third in serial class,yes I was flying a Niviuk peak,which was very interesting after years of flying comp wings,unfortunatly after a good 1st task and a fantastic, most of the flight secound task, I was gliding into goal with Craig Morgan in fourth position when I realised why people fly comp wings,I left higher than Craig and Kia but on the final 5km into wind could not compeate with thier glides and decked it a couple of km short,in the next task I flew 4.8km past the first Turn Point and had A painfully long into wind push to retrase my flightback and then had to fly back getting to goal 1/2 an hour latter than I should have taken BUGGER the final task was a short downwing dash and I was 10 mins behind the winner.
So all in all a pleasent week with a good bunch of guys in our peaceful village retreat,not a great result but not bad in the UK Championships I ended up as 2nd serial only a few pts behind the winner and 400pts behind Adrian who won this round of the championships.

No comments:

Post a Comment