Thursday 1 January 2009

!st January 2009

Hi everybody,well the first day of the year arrived and gave the lakes a day of unbroken sunshine and light SE winds at valley level with stronger 20kph+ over the fells.
John McKeever and I headed for Souther fell and after a quick walk up arrived at take off to find a light SE breeze coming gently in and out of phase,we launched into gentle lift and were soon soaring above the fells.I headed for our goal at Threlkeld and after arriving on Blencatra found the unpleasant side of the cold east wind in the form of strong katabatic winds and 2/3mps flushing out into the valley,after a little 40% collapse I retreated to the safety of the valley and the football pitch were John soon picked me,and whisked me off for tea at his house,and a fine end to day one of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment