Sunday 25 January 2009

XP3

On Saturday I flew the xp3 for the first time,it had sat under my bed for over two weeks,so off I went into the damp/wet Cumbrian fells,after an hours wait the 40km breeze dropped to 10-15 kmph so of I went,I pulled up the glider and flew off into what I was later told was the wind gusting in excess of 40 kmph, shit!
So my first flight was on 1/2 speed bar about 50 mts above the ground being pushed and bullied around by a very mixed up airmass,I soon found out I can't big ears this wing so I was going forward but up,looking down I could'ent help picking out the biggest bushes thinking when I do crash that one looks softest,anyway the glider stayed infalted and I got down, beyond that I could'ent give an opinion on the wing, other than I am amazed it did not collapse compleatly,unlike my mate Dave who had two full bag of washing behind him collapses and numerous aysametrics trying to land,lucky boy.
the weather looks poor for quite a while now so I just need to book my flights for Brazil and wait for the first good spring to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment