Friday 11 September 2009

A quick update

I will try to get up to date,Wednesday was a 79km task with 11 people landing in goal the rest of the field, including me landed either side of the 40 km mark. The winnner was our own Russel Ogden,with his team mate Charles Cazzau in hot pursuit, it was an awsome display by the Ozone boys, as Stephan Wyss led out with about 1km lead, with about 7 to 8 kms to go looking like he had the win in the bag.The new Ozone wings proved their claimed superiority, and destroyed the rest of the field; with a better glide ratio and more speed than any of the pursuing gliders.
Thursday we went to the launch at Poggio. It always looked like a forlorn hope to me, and although we started out on the task,having looked at the aproaching bad weather I was already on my way to a cold beer in the landing field when the "task cancelled" message came over our radios.
Friday is much easier to report on - we drove up the hill then did a U turn and drove back down. I think anyone but the most optomistic pilots know that that was our last chance to fly.
The prize giving will be tomorrow and I will get a certificate to say I finished 49th in the world.
As it stands Charles Cazzau will be the winner with Russel Ogden in 2nd place.
All in all, not a super final but an enjoyable event never the less.
Lets hope I am wrong about the weather. If not I will fill in all the details and provide some pictures on my return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment