Tuesday 1 September 2009

Rome and beyound

After saying goodbye at the airport to Claire, Katy, and my mum ,The flight into rome on Easyjet was EARLY!!! and gave me a good shot at getting across the city for the 10-45pm bus to Reiti.
So with 40kg of luggage split between 3 bags I headed out into the 35 deg evening air,and turned into one huge sweat glang,I swear water was sqwirting out of me like a shower.
After a pleasent air conditioned bus ride into the city center I plundged into the even hotter underground system, found the correct line and headed for the Turbutina Coach station on the other side of the city, jumped on the Coach for Reiti and hey presto at midnight I was getting onto my carry mat in a city center car park for my first night away.
I woke at 6am for the 6-40am bus to Poggio Bustoni and the base for the first Paragliding World Cup super final ,but after being sent by the bus inspector from one end of town to the other with 40kgs of luggage,then back by the coach driver,then back by the inspector I phoned for a Taxi(mistake)who was delighted, in a very missarable way yo relive me of 42euros for a 12km taxi ride,but I had arrived I put up my tent and fell asleep.
That afternoon I met up with some of the Brits had a pleasent afternoon and now after two showers a lovely evening meal and a good nights sleep I am ready for the Practice day with the event actually starting on wednesday.
Next update coming soon B4N


Ps I cannot spell check on the hotels pc so please excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment